Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mustard Tarragon Sauce

I have tried this easy sauce on steak kebabs, pork loin roast. My husband says its "to die for". I don't know about that. I also like to broil Vidalia onions or potatoes basted with this sauce. Serve the onions or potatoes with your meat. The orginal recipe came from the "Monday is Meatloaf" cookbook which I picked up at a yard sale for 25 cents. You may need to double or triple the recipe depending on whether you want to baste only or have extra to serve with the meat. Again, this is a recipe that I have doctored and changed.

1 c. beef broth (use a boullion cube and a cup of water)
2 T. yellow mustard
1 T. olive oil
1 T. minced fresh tarragon or 1 t. dried
1/2 t. dry mustard
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. black pepper
2 T. margarine

Bring the broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat when it has cooked down a bit to a nice saucy consistency. Baste your meat or serve warm with it as a sauce.


Makes about a cup.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for this recipe. It was so good at Christmas with the pork loin. I am printing it off now and will go ahead and put it into my favorites cookbook.