Sunday, February 05, 2006

Cherry Ginger Biscotti

This is a new, favorite recipe from ClubMom.com. I get all these emails with helpful hints about diapering, makeup, organizing for the busy mom, etc.... This recipe was a link before Christmas. I wish that I would have had it when I was pregnant---the ginger probably would have helped my icky tummy!
Disclaimer: I actually dump all the ingredients in together and mix well, then mix in the dried fruit. Also, these don't seem to spoil or get stale. I forgot a batch for a month, and they were still good. My baby enjoys gnawing on these.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease and flour baking sheet, and set aside.
Combine:
2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

In another bowl, combine:
1/3 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract

Stir in the flour mixture until blended and add:
1/2 c. chopped dried cherries
1 T. finely chopped crystallized ginger

Knead dough on a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, shape into a log about 14 x 1 1/2 inches. Bake about 35 minutes or until firm and golden. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.

Cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Put cookies back on to baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees, and bake an additional 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack and store in airtight container.
Makes about 30 cookies.

No comments: