Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mango Cheese Ball

Arlene, this is for you! Another Rachel Ray recipe....somewhat modified. She says to use a food processor to combine, but I like cheese balls mixed, not pureed.
This has become a Christmas tradition around our house. I usually let Mary Ann make it. ;-)

1 8 oz.brick of cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick of butter, softened
2 inches of ginger root, grated
Pinch of allspice
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. mango chutney
Mix altogether with an electric mixer. Shape into ball.
Roll in:
1 c. macadamia nuts, cashews, or pecans, chopped
Chill til firm. Serve with assorted crackers. About 12 servings.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I agree with the food processor comment. I made all of my Christmas cheeseballs with my new food processor and it makes them very smooth. This one is better with the chunks of mango chutney in it, I think. I use my hand mixer for this one. Mango Chutney is often called Major Grey's Chutney, in case you have trouble finding it!