Saturday, July 08, 2006

Basil Pork Chops

Our family enjoyed these different tasting pork chops on Friday night. The recipe is from the latest Simple & Delicious. Here is my take--since I usually change things a bit. We also had a side of Two-Tomato Pasta.

Time to Prepare and Cook: about 25 minutes

Combine in a small bowl:
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. chili powder

Add and stir til crumbly:
2 T. olive oil

Rub on:
4 boneless pork loin chops, (1/2 inch thick and 4 oz each)

Cook in a large skillet, over medium heat for 7 - 8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

Yield: 4 servings.

I used only 2 chops and eyeballed about 1/2 the brown sugar, etc. Also I set the chops on the grill (preheated to 250 degrees) and spread the brown sugar on top, then when I turned them, I spread it on the other side. It was hard enough to clean the grill without adding more burnt sugar to the mess. I also cooked mine 10 minutes per side. We like our meat well-done. Shawn was impressed with how tasty these were, and I loved how fast they cooked up.

Once again---here's a keeper from Reiman Publications--not that I was surprised or anything. ;-)

No comments: