Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday: Another Use for Graham Cracker Boxes





I always have cooking magazines kind of floating around--they mysteriously disappear as soon as I have bought all the ingredients for a special new dish and have preheated the oven. My cheap solution? Graham cracker boxes!! I start with these lovely extra large sized graham cracker boxes from Sam's Club. They perfectly fit even the oversized cooking magazines such as Everyday with Rachael Ray.

Measure down about 2 inches or so on one short side of the box and mark it with a Sharpie pen. On the other end mark about 4 1/2 - 5 inches from the bottom. Connect the dots for a line to cut on. And cut.

At this point you can leave it like it is, if you decorate with graham crackers, or you can do as I did and cover it with your choice of contact paper. At our house, we are taking bids on the next box--Hunny Dearest wants the next one for his magazines.

And that works for us. The magazines are handy and neat! Just make sure that you really like graham crackers---there are an awful lot of them in that box!

TAGS: tips

6 comments:

Southerninspiration said...

GREAT idea! Way to be resourceful!

Sandra said...

OH this is perfect for me, I have so many magazines and always look for more space. Thanks for a great tip :)

Mama Duck said...

Wonderful idea! Our tip is up and we're also hosting the Carnival of the Vanities today - busy day in duck-land!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tip, I know I can use this tip right away! There are too many mags cluttering up the cook book shelf. Any good tips for those "loose" recipes??

Unknown said...

Great idea. I always want to buy those magazine holders, but my money always goes elsewhere!!

I think I may use a small box I have on hand for my Everyday Food ones.

Rae said...

What a great idea! I love that it's customizable and will fit even Rachael Ray's magazine..thanks for the tip!