Saturday, September 09, 2006

Spicy Mulled Cider

Since we are getting into a fall-ish type of mood around here---yep, I'm seeing those leaves starting to turn color, I got out my last half gallon of last year's fresh apple cider that I had stashed in the freezer and made this yummy hot drink for dinner. Even my 1 year old loved it in his sippy cup, although I cooled his off quite a bit more than I did mine. ;-) You should have seen the look on his face after his first sip---and he went back for more....

Combine in saucepan.
2 qts. apple cider
3 inch stick cinnamon, crumbled
1/2 t. whole allspice
1/2 t. whole clove
1/8 t. salt
1/3 c. brown sugar

Heat and let simmer for 10 - 20 minutes. Strain and serve hot.

3 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Kathryn, thanks for the delicious looking recipe - I was just looking for something like this!

Kathryn said...

We think its very tasty! We made quite a bit of it last winter.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Not only does this sound tasty but I bet the house will smell wonderful when you are cooking it!

Thanks